snippetsheader

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Shop Talk


So something I haven't really talked about on this blog yet is the fact that I am opening a clothing store with my sister. Six months ago we made a snap decision to do this, we had a weekend to decide whether or not we would place an order with a particular label and start this whole ball rolling. We decided it was all go, we rounded up our assets and a loan and here we are today, about four weeks away from opening our doors to the world.

Part of our decision to this involved starting our own label too. We thought we'd just start out with tee shirts, as many people do. We're revising that idea now as we really can't find cool menswear that we really love, so we're toying with the idea of getting some samples made up and seeing if we go forward with a full menswear range. To the right over there are our very own personal woven fabric labels for our own clothing. Woah.

A year ago, I never would have thunk it.

I am not a fashion girl. I am not obsessed with clothes. How did I end up here? Why am I loving this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home