snippetsheader

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Gocco v.4 and the rumblings of a quilt


See that? That is the start of my quilt I've been planning for eons. I've pictured a red and blue string quilt, I've collected the fabrics and now I'm ready to go.

Or am I?

I'm underwhelmed right now. I'm not in love with a few of the fabrics and it just doesn't look as great as I thought it would.

The plan: start it anyway. Make a few blocks of the strips and make them into a pillow cover to get a feel for what I'm doing. If I hate it, those fabrics can go back in the stash. Surely I'll find a use for it!

Project two: Gocco again!

My latest gocco print is more art, less useful. But I still love it. I have numbered a print run of just 12.

Dick's Drive In Gocco prints

that's Dick's Drive-In in Seattle. I photocopied a photo of mine and then photocopied the photocopy to drop out as much tone as possible. I love the result!

Some Gocco notes. When you use a photocopy, everyone says to either iron or use the clean-up paper or use the blue screen. I did none of those things and it worked perfectly. Am I really, really lucky or are those things just not necessary?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home